Admiralty & Shipping
Cyprus offers one of the most efficient ship registration systems in the world which, coupled with the immense tax advantages ship-owning and ship management companies enjoy, makes the island the ideal destination for shipping companies from all around the world.
Our firm advises on a wide spectrum of commercial shipping contracts, ranging from time and voyage charters, to fleet acquisitions and ship financing transactions. Our firm also advises on the whole procedure of vessel registration and on compliance with the rules and guidelines of the Cyprus Department of Merchant Shipping. Our firm advises ship owners, ship managers, charterers, freight forwarders and maritime insurers with every legal aspect of their work on the island.
Additionally, we litigate admiralty disputes before the Admiralty Court in Nicosia.
We can advise and assist in the following matters:
- Ship & vessel registration
- Time & Voyage Charters
- Financing & Security
- Enforcement of ship charges & mortgages
- Hull & Machinery policies and claims
- Protecting & Indemnity Club policies and claims
- Choice of flag
- Ship building and repair contracts
- Towage agreements
- Claims for cargo loss & damage
- Personal Injury & pollution
- Ship management agreements